Our all-inclusive fly fishing packages offer the best in professionally guided fly fishing, riverside accommodations, creative and delicious meals and exceptional customer service. Our staff at the South Holston River Lodge takes your free time very seriously and our team strives to make sure you have the most enjoyable experience possible.
Here at the SHRL, our all-inclusive program is designed to make every aspect of your trip easy. The only things our guests are responsible for are: clothing for the appropriate conditions , polarized sunglasses, Tennessee fishing license, rain gear and gratuity for your guide and our house staff at the end of your stay. Although we recommend that you bring your own fly rod, you may leave it at home and use the latest products from Orvis that we will provide for you. We offer everything you need for your fishing days so you do not have to worry about forgetting anything.
If you choose to fly into Tri-Cities Airport for an all-inclusive package, we offer a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport by the SHRL staff. Airport transfers can be arranged during the pre check-in phone call.
We assign cabins and guides on a first come, first serve basis and will put you in the best cabin available for your party. If you have a request for a specific cabin or guide, please let us know during the booking process and we will do everything we can to accommodate your request.
From the moment you arrive at the lodge for an all-inclusive package, you will be greeted by one of our employees who will give you an overview of the property and show you to your cabin. Throughout your stay we make sure to leave no questions unanswered. Complimentary beer and wine are available during your entire stay. All of our cabins are fully stocked with more than enough beverages and snacks, and are restocked daily. If you would like liquor, we ask that you purchase this prior to your arrival. There is an opportunity to stop on the way from the airport if you fly in. Although we customize every all-inclusive trip to meet your group’s needs, we start with a basic agenda and tweak times to what you are comfortable with. Below you will find our itinerary for an all-Inclusive package.
- Check-in days are Sunday/Monday and Thursday/Friday.
- Arrive at the lodge between 3:00 and 5:00pm. At this time we complete the check-in process and make sure you have the appropriate fishing license for your stay. We then give you an overview of our facility to help you feel at home and bring your luggage to your cabin.
- From 6:00 to 7:00pm we have our cocktail/ appetizer hour at the Blue Wing Olive where you can spend some time getting to know the other guests at the lodge before dinner. During this time we cover the next day’s agenda and guide / angler line up.
- At 7:00pm guests will be seated for our three course dinner. After dinner you are welcome to retire to your cabin for the evening or enjoy some activities by the river.
- Buffet style breakfast is available at the Blue Wing Olive starting at 7:00am. You will always have coffee in your cabin if you are an early riser.
- All of our guides are ready to pick you up at the lodge at 8:00am, although your departure time is entirely up to you.
- Lunch is packed daily and given to your guide. Midday, your guide will select a location to stop and enjoy your lunch. This may be at the lodge, on the river depending on where you are fishing.
- We ask everyone to be back at the lodge between 5:00 and 5:30pm. With appetizer hour beginning at 6:00pm, this allows you time to take a shower and unwind from your day on the river.
- During fishing days, dinner is served at 7:00pm.
- On your day of departure we will have breakfast available at the lodge starting at 7:00am so that you will not leave on an empty stomach. If we have other guests arriving that day we do ask that you are checked out of your cabin by 10:00am.
January 1st, 2021 – December 31st, 2021
3 Nights/ 2 Days……………….. $1,580.00
4 Nights/ 3 Days……………….. $2,185.00
5 Nights/ 4 Days……………….. $2,790.00
6 Nights/ 5 Days……………….. $3,395.00
3 Nights/ 2 Days……………….. $2,050.00
4 Nights/ 3 Days……………….. $2,890.00
5 Nights/ 4 Days……………….. $3,730.00
6 Nights/ 5 Days……………….. $4,570.00
Our Non-Angling rate is $370/per night per person.
All rates are based on two anglers per boat. For single anglers please add $235/per fishing day.
All services are subject to Tennessee 9.25% sales tax.
*All Rates for Packages are Per Person
Our Lodge staff and guides work hard to ensure that your time with us exceeds your expectations. Suggested gratuities for your guides are $100.00 per boat for a full day on the water. For Lodge staff, a one time House gratuity would include our chefs, servers and hospitality staff, We suggest 5%-10% of your total package price that may be given at the end of your stay.
*We apologize SHRL does not process credit cards for gratuity for lodge and guide staff.
“This trip to the south holston lodge was every bit as good as the last.Attention to detail was apparent in every aspect from food service to housekeeping performance and guide service.Andrew,our guide,did everything he could to make our fishing experience successful.The 22″ & 19″ browns my wife caught were a direct result of Andrew’s had work and knowledge. Can’t wait until next trip.“Dan & Sue
“I went to the lodge with a few friends who had been before and have fished out west and in Canada at some of the best lodges around and I was absolutely blown away with how great this place is in my own backyard (from NC)… Jon and staff take care of everything you could ever need, the fishing is awesome, the food was great, the accommodations are very comfortable,and is somewhere we are already booking again for either later this year or next year or maybe both! We nymph fished, streamer fished, and caught a hatch perfect for some exceptional dry fly fishing that will never be forgotten.. Thank you for such a well run outfit!“HRJR
“A Truly Unrivaled Fishery in the East. The fishing on both the South Holston and Watauga Rivers is astonishingly good. Our Guide John Stunkard is an expert who knows his fishery and maximizes the anglers opportunities. He also knows how to catch Big Fish!!! SHRL Managers – Jon Hooper, and Lynne Testerman orchestrated an exceptional experience for our group. We had 10 anglers in the group and the entire staff made us feel like Family! The accommodations are truly wonderful and unique. The food prepared by Chef JD is 5 star. Total Professionals!“Andrew C.
“I hesitate to leave a good review because I want to keep it all to myself and my friends. Excellent accommodations, excellent food, great fishing and guides.“Ryan H.
“I fish with SHRL at least four times annually, the accommodations and dining are perfect and the fishing is always fantastic. This is a top notch outfit, you will not be disappointed!!“Mark S.